- Looking to make a difference in animal welfare with a leading not-for-profit organisation?
- Work as part of our passionate and supportive team at RSPCA Victoria, Pearcedale
- Part-time position available
RSPCA Victoria is a highly respected animal welfare not-for-profit organisation that actively works towards ending cruelty to animals, by promoting care and protection through awareness and education campaigns. With over 400 staff and 2,900 volunteers across Victoria, we enjoy a diverse breadth of knowledge, skills and experience, but share a like-minded commitment to animal welfare.
About the role
We are looking for a part-time Veterinarian to join our Pearcedale team and build on their skills in a truly mixed-practice and supported environment.
As a Vet with the RSPCA no two days are the same. Our Pearcedale Clinic is fully computerised and well-equipped, including ultrasound, digital x-rays, iM3 dental and IDEXX diagnostic equipment.
You will have the ability to work with a large and varied caseload, and have a strong interest in animal welfare, shelter medicine and small animal medicine and surgery. You’ll be a part of our passionate and driven clinic team of 5 vets and vet nursing staff and be supported in your work by our supportive management team.
This diverse and interesting role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to:
- Deliver excellence in medical and surgical service to private clients
- Gain exposure to unique shelter animal work, including working with an in-house Animal Behaviour team
- Work with and learn from special interest practitioners, in areas such as medicine and orthopaedics
- Support our crucial Inspectorate casework, providing veterinary services to animals which are subject to cruelty allegations
- Help in emergency response situations
- Take 5 days of paid study leave for full-time vets (pro rata for part-time vets) and access professional development opportunities
To be successful in this position, you will need the following skills, experience, qualifications and licenses:
- Registered as a Veterinarian.
- Capability to conduct semi-complex clinical consultations and routine surgical procedures independently with support when required.
- A Victorian drivers' licence (desirable), radiation use license and microchipping implantation certificate
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced and busy practice
- Strong interest in animal welfare, shelter medicine and small animal medicine and surgery
- Strong communication skills: both verbal and written, and exceptional organisational skills
- The ability to operate as a team player, contributing enthusiasm and building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Possess resilience and the ability to bounce back from occasional setbacks
- A desire to work with the community to improve animal welfare outcomes
- Availability to work across a seven-day rotating roster, which includes weekends and some public holidays
How to Apply
For further information about this role, download the position description attached to this advertisement (top right hand corner) or visit our website on http://www.rspcavic.org/.
Alternatively, please contact our Senior Vet, Dr. Iain Mitchell on email@example.com.
If you‘d like to work with our team and make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals, click apply online (top or bottom left hand corner) as soon as possible and submit your application.