- Exciting opportunity join our Foster Care Network team!
- Work across our Portland and Warrnambool animal shelters
- Permanent part-time position, 2 days per week
About the RSPCA
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Foster Care Network Coordinator to manage the day to day foster operation in our Warrnambool and Portland shelter.
Working in collaboration with another foster care network coordinator as well as the wider RSPCA team, the successful applicant will play a critical role in developing, promoting, coordinating and growing the Foster Care Program.
Role duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to management of animals in the RSPCA Victoria Foster Care Program in a professional and caring manner, including coordinating the placement of animals into a suitable foster home or alternative rehoming partner;
- Coordinate the necessary administration, paperwork and placement of animals into temporary and permanent foster care, working with internal (Shelter, Vet Clinic, Behaviourists, Inspectorate) and external (Foster Carers) stakeholders.
- Support the recruitment and onboarding processes for new foster carers, and supporting their ongoing development and engagement with RSPCA Victoria
- Provide a high level of service, education and support to foster carers and rehoming partners to enhance the reputation of RSPCA Victoria within the community
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time, including providing care, husbandry, treatment and enrichment to animals in our care. This may also include the transportation of animals.
Skills & experience required
- Sound animal welfare knowledge and previous experience in an animal care and customer service role, including knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our shelter and members of the public.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to respond to a high volume of emails within timeframes whilst balance competing demands and meeting timeframes.
- Strong organisation skills and the the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to work rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays.
Please note, that the successful candidate will not be able to perform this role in conjunction with another RSPCA role.
Qualifications & licenses
- Valid Victorian drivers’ licence, as you will be required to travel regularly between our regional shelters
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Animal Care or Customer Service will be highly regarded.
- Must be willing to provide evidence of a current tetanus vaccination.
How to apply
For more information about this opportunity, please download the position description (top right-hand corner) or alternatively, please contact Kris Jones, Foster Care Network Supervisor, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Apply Online to submit your application.
Applications will close on 30 August 2019.