Looking for a change of scenery? Broken Hill is an inland mining city in the far west of outback New South Wales. This heritage listed town, is near the border with South Australia and Victoria, which boosts your typical outback landscape with the opportunity to work with the occasional native wildlife!
The RSPCA NSW - The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals NSW - is Australia's preeminent animal welfare organisation. We provide a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. The RSPCA is committed to the care and welfare of animals.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced veterinarian to join the team as our Managing Veterinarian. Reporting to the General Manager - Animal Services, you will be responsible for leading a small team of clinic and boarding staff. The role is supported by a full-time practice manager, animal attendants and hospital staff.
The workload of the hospital includes small animal private clinic cases and occasionally provides services for shelter animals, RSPCA Programs client's animals and RSPCA inspectorial cruelty cases. This is a busy practice with room for growth, which we hope you will assist with. The clinic, being remote does have an afterhours / emergency on call component and together with our current permanent vet, will be on call for one week a month.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership, management, coaching, development and support of staff
- Management of all veterinary operations to ensure a high standard of animal care and customer service is provided
- Implement strategies to ensure continuous improvement in all aspects of the Broken Hill Hospitals' services and operations
- Establish a high performance orientation within the team
- Provide a 'centre of excellence' regarding the delivery of service at an operational level
- Budget management in conjunction with the Practice Manager
- Performance management in conjunction with the Practice Manager
- Project management initiatives
- Relationship management of internal and external stakeholders
- Change management
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a Degree in Veterinary Science
- Previous experience managing and directing clinic staff
- Extensive experience as a veterinarian
- Highly developed diagnostic and surgical experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Project management and change leadership experience
- Proven experience to develop and coach others
- Ability to lift at least 20kgs
To be considered please ensure that you include both a covering letter and your resume, outlining how you meet the above requirements.
How to Apply:
To apply for this job opportunity, please visit the RSPCA NSW careers page at https://www.rspcansw.org.au/who-we-are/careers-at-rspca-nsw/animal-care-services/ and click on the Apply Now button.