- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity and help us end cruelty to all animals
- Join our friendly and supportive team at RSPCA Victoria’s Pet Parlour!
- Casual and part-time position, Burwood East location
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across the state, we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
The Animal Groomer is responsible for providing professional and high quality grooming services, and providing positive experiences to our customers that enhances the reputation of RSPCA Victoria within the community.
Due to the nature of this role, applicants must be available to work over a rotating roster to support our grooming team over the upcoming busy season.
Role duties & responsibilities
- Provide high quality and professional grooming services to achieve client satisfaction and positive animal welfare outcomes, including bathing, clipping dogs, and nail clipping.
- Provide education, support and guidance to members of the public to influence positive animal welfare outcomes and promote the services of RSPCA Victoria;
- Ensure all necessary administration relating to customer interactions and the management of animals are recorded accurately and in a timely manner, including booking appointments and cash handling.
- Maintain the appearance of the grooming salon to a high standard.
- Identify and recommend improvements for policies and procedures.
Skills & experience required
- Previous experience in an animal grooming and customer service role, including knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour and safe handling, breed specific clips, scissoring techniques, clipping techniques, washing techniques and nail clipping.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills with an ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Problem solving skills and a high attention to detail.
- Positive and confident member of a team.
- Sound administration and computer skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- The ability to work rotating rosters including Saturdays, and availability to fill in for team members when they are on leave.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- A Certificate III in Pet Grooming will be highly regarded.
- Position also requires a national police check and a current tetanus vaccination.
How to apply
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need. If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online with your CV and supporting cover letter as soon as possible.
If you have any queries about this position, please contact Jess Hooper, Retail & Services Supervisor, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close midnight 24th November 2019.