- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity and help us end cruelty to all animals
- Exciting leadership opportunity in RSPCA Victoria’s animal health and behaviour team!
- Fixed-term full-time or part role, Epping
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
RSPCA Victoria have an opportunity for a Vet Nurse Team Leader to join the team! The Vet Nurse Team Leader provides operational and team leadership for employees and volunteers in the day to day care of animals in our veterinary clinic.
Reporting to the Senior Veterinarian, this opportunity will be covering maternity leave for 6 months with the possibility of an extension and will be a full-time or part-time position located in Epping.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need, and in this role, you will:
- Manage, lead, train and develop a team of nurses and volunteers;
- Oversee and contribute to the daily management of animals within the Epping clinic in a professional and caring manner, including the effective management and resolution of escalated issues;
- Contribute to the leadership of the Epping shelter by attending the Seniors meetings at Epping with Client Services and Animal Care colleagues to ensure the effective resolutions of any issues
- Completing Surgery, High-volume, Wards and Foster nurse shifts 3 days per week, with 2 days per week focused on admin related tasks
- Contribute to the daily operation of the clinic by completing the Nurse rosters, coordinating all clinic orders for consumables and drugs, coordinating the maintenance of clinic equipment, receipting orders in CLV, completing end of month processes such as stock control and wastage.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and work instructions, and provide education, support and guidance to team members
- Ensure a safe working environment whereby employees and volunteers perform their duties safely and adhere all WH&S policies and procedures, including responsibility for undertaking investigations and corrective actions to reduce the risk and likelihood of incidents occurring.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a leadership role;
- Previous experience in a Certified Vet Nurse role, including extensive knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our shelter;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment;
- A Certificate IV in Vet Nursing (or equivalent);
- A current tetanus vaccination;
How to Apply
If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online with your CV and supporting cover letter as soon as possible. If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Dr. Ida Liu, Senior Veterinarian on email@example.com or Mary Holly, Nurse team leader on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 23rd December 2019.