- Work for a leading animal welfare charity and provide quality veterinary nursing service to private patients and RSPCA shelter animals
- Join a great team with supportive management at RSPCA Burwood East
- Permanent full-time position available at our Burwood East Clinic
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Certified Veterinary Nurse to join our Veterinary team in Burwood East.
The successful candidates will provide quality veterinary nursing to the animals within the animal care centre and enhance the long-term viability of the clinic by providing a high level of customer service. Successful performance of the role will require a good working knowledge of veterinary nursing patient care.
The successful applicant will be required to work 40 hours per week (with an RDO every four weeks) over a 7-day rotating roster (including weekends and public holidays).
Roles duties & responsibilities
- Contribute to the daily management of animals within RSPCA Victoria veterinary clinics
- Deliver high standards of customer service and advice as well as education to the public
- Assist the Veterinarians with surgical procedures and the treatment and rehabilitation of animals
- Provide veterinary nursing services to private patients and RSPCA shelter animals
- Ensure all necessary documentation relating to customer interactions and the management of animals within the veterinary clinic are recorded accurately
- Monitor patients, maintain accurate records and reporting health and behaviour concerns of animals, and
- Identify and recommend improvements throughout the Clinic.
Skills & experience required
- Previous experience in an animal care role is highly desirable, including basic knowledge of animal anatomy, behaviour, disease recognition and safe handling
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment, whilst showing great care and compassion to the animals in our care
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment
- The ability to work rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays
- Well-developed veterinary nursing knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- A positive and can-do attitude
- Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
- Position also requires a current tetanus vaccination
How to Apply
If you‘d like to work with our team and make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals, please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the position description (top right-hand corner).
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Please upload your cover letter and resume as one PDF document. Applications for this role will close midnight on 2 February 2020.