- Work for Victoria’s leading animal welfare charity and help us end cruelty to all animals
- Support the management of RSPCA Victoria Op Shops across Victoria
- Fixed-term full-time position for 6 months
About the RSPCA
We are a leading animal welfare charity that works to end cruelty to all animals. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. We achieve this by actively promoting their care and protection through awareness campaigns and education programs. Across Victoria we offer community services including the work undertaken by our Inspectorate, veterinary clinics and animal care teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an environment that is underpinned by our values: respect, consideration, clarity, accountability, expertise and collaboration.
About the role
- Provide support in the management of the operations of all Op Shops across Victoria, including supporting the Op Shop Team Leaders and volunteer teams in each store to achieve financial and operating performance targets.
- Contribute to the improvement of internal processes and procedures to maximise efficiency and improve profitability and performance of all Op Shops.
- Provide support to the Op Shop Network Coordinator in the development of visual merchandising, retail programs and promotions.
- Provide support in ensuring the safety of volunteers and customers at each Op Shop by communicating WH&S policies and standards, implementing WHS practices and working with the WHS Manager to minimise risks and respond to incidents if they occur.
- Contribute to the recruitment, induction, performance management, reward and recognition, communications and termination processes for volunteers.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role that requires strong administration, customer service and organisational skills, including previous experience working with / managing volunteers.
- High level literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, including intermediate computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of volunteer management related legislation and practices will be highly regarded.
Qualifications & Other Requirements
- Position requires a current and valid Victorian driver’s licence.
- Regular travel between RSPCA Victoria Op Shop locations is required, covering significant distance by car/pool car/vehicle.
How to Apply
This is an incredible opportunity to join a dedicated and passionate team making a difference to animals in need. If you believe you can make a difference to the protection and welfare of all animals then please visit the advertisement for this position on our website at http://www.rspcavic.org to download the position description (top right-hand corner) and to apply online with your CV and supporting cover letter as soon as possible.
If you have any queries regarding this role, please contact Liz Irvine, Op Shop Network Coordinator, on (03) 9224 2222.
Click Apply Online to submit your application. Applications close Midnight on 2nd February 2020.