- Utilise your HR expertise to make meaningful contributions to one of Victoria’s most recognised not-for-profit animal welfare organisations
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities, staff discounts and flexible working options
- 2x 12 month full-time fixed-term contract positions located in Burwood East and working from home.
About RPSCA Victoria
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting two experienced People and Culture Business Partners to join our People and Culture team. One of these roles is a maternity leave cover, whilst the other is replacing a team member who has moved interstate. In these 12 month full-time fixed-term positions, you will report to the People and Culture Manager and a play a vital role in identifying and implementing people strategies, initiatives and solutions that have a meaningful impact on the engagement and experiences of our people at RSPCA Victoria.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to get involved in more than just the day to day. Our People and Culture Business Partners are truly embedded in our organisation and are relied upon to support the business in achieving its objectives through collaboration and engagement with all levels of RSPCA Victoria.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with designated client groups across RSPCA Victoria to identify and implement people strategies that have a meaningful impact on employee and volunteer performance, engagement and effectiveness.
- Provide coaching, support and advice to employees, volunteers and people leaders across all aspects of the People & Culture function, ensuring compliance with RSPCA Victoria policies and procedures and applicable agreements, awards and employment legislation.
- Provide advice and guidance on performance management, grievances, restructures and other employee and volunteers relations matters, monitoring outcomes and taking corrective action where required.
- Provide support in managing employee and volunteer recruitment and selection processes, including developing/updating position descriptions/role profiles and contributing to the selection process for leadership and business critical positions
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of People & Culture policies and procedures in line with business objectives, legislative requirements and the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement.
- Contribute to the management and implementation of projects and continuous improvement initiatives in accordance with the People & Culture business plan.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment by effectively communicating and working collaboratively with peers across all departments, and consistently behaving in accordance with the RSPCA Victoria values and associated policies.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business/Human Resources Management.
- Previous experience in a similar role that requires ability to build and foster relationships with employees in a People & Culture capacity.
- Extensive knowledge of employee and volunteer management related legislation and practices.
- High level literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, including intermediate computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
This position also requires a national police check, working with children’s check and valid driver’s license. Travel to our metropolitan sites (Burwood, Epping and Pearcedale) will be a frequent requirement, with some travel required to regional locations from time to time.
How to apply
To learn more about our organisation and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact our People and Culture Manager, Lauren Barrah, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this role excites you, submit your application with your cover letter and resume, addressing how you meet the selection criteria. Applications close on Wednesday 27 January 2021.